The Good Cards is new real life game that allows travelers to do something good while on the road. Once you receive a card, there is a task to complete. It’s all about spreading happiness and having fun at the same time.
We all love to travel and discover unknown places and cultures. There is nothing more exciting than hoping on a plane with just a backpack. But travelling also somehow comes with a kind of responsibility, especially now that more and more people are travelling, so has become all the more important to be conscientious travellers. We all want to leave the beautiful places on this planet unchanged and see the locals happy, don’t we?
Although most travelers that I know are actually really interested in doing something good, it is not always easy to find a suitable way to help out or be engaged. Luckily, there is now a new and exciting way to do this. Let me introduce you to The Good Cards.
What is The Good Cards?
The Good Cards is a game in which people receive good deed missions. It all happens in real life. No, you will not be catching imaginary creatures like in Pokémon Go. You will engage with real people and their life stories. The aim is to help people create a better world.
How does it work?
Cards are passed from person to person, and each one comes with a small mission to accomplish before you pass it along. It is really that simple. There are six easy steps if you want to try it out:
- Go to The Good Cards website. You can donate 2-3$ or get a card for free in the monthly giveaway.
- Once you receive the card, go ahead and download the app.
- Scan the card in your mobile app.
- The app will deliver you a mission that involves doing a good deed for somebody else.
- Complete your task secretly and anonymously.
- You will receive instructions on how to send the card to the next user.
After you pass the card along to the recipient of your good deed, that person scans it with his or her mobile app, and then receives a mission to pay it forward, building a network of social trust through doing genuine good for others.
It goes on and on, creating a web of random acts of kindness for complete strangers. As the cards travel from hand to hand, everybody in the chain is able to track it and read all the stories of kindness happening around the world with the exact same card that you formerly possessed.
Do I have to pay something?
Not really. The only costs involved are the small expenses of sending an envelope with the card. It is inexpensive in most of the world, and it will not cost you more than sending a letter (the card is pretty light). When ordering the card, you have the option to donate 2-3 USD.
This game is not about spending or earning money, but about actually DOING something good for someone else and making a global impact. Cards have already traveled from the USA to 17 countries including Colombia, Belgium, México, Poland and many more.
Why should you use The Good Cards?
The application process and getting the card is pretty easy, but apart from that there are several good reasons to join the game:
- The good feeling. Yes, it’s as simple as that. This is a project in which individuals cooperate collectively, so they can have more impact and spread more happiness, love and kindness. And creating a better world feels pretty damn good.
- You can watch it growing. Although each mission is done anonymously, you will be able to follow the ongoing anonymous good deeds of others. You can see the journey of your good deed as it travels to different cities and countries, having a positive impact on various people’s lives.
- It is exciting. You can get your task easily with your smartphone and then also check out what happens next. There is a tracker inside the card, so the storyline of your card is shown to you even after your part is finished.
The Good Cards is about to be featured on Kickstarter. You can sign up for the card on the website and also support or share their Kickstarter campaign. I wish you a safe trip and good luck when completing your tasks!
Edited by Nick Kembel.